Maffei Block was previously known as IT Block, or the Centre for Information Technology. The Foundation Plague of the Information Technology Building was blessed on December 24, 2000 by Rev. Fr Ronnie N. Prabhu, SJ, Provincial, Karnataka Jesuits, and revealed by Shri N. R. Narayana Murthy, Chairman, Infosys Technologies Ltd. This structure was Inaugurated on March 28, 2003, by His Excellency, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, President of India, and blessed by Rt. Rev. Dr. Aloysius P. DSouza, Bishop of Mangalore Diocese.
The Maffei Block, located on the left side front of A-Block, is named after Fr Angelo Maffei, one of the founding members of Society of Jesus, Mangalore in 1880. The block comprises of postgraduate programmes such as English, Economics, Journalism & Mass Communication, Social Work, Commerce and Finance & Analytics are housed in three floors (second, third & fourth) of the block. The PG Library, Centre for Social Concern, IGNOU Study Centre, Incubation Centre, and Computer Lab are all located in the basement. The first floor holds the PG Office, the Director's Office & Conference Room, and the BCA computer labs, while the other floors house the PG departments and classrooms. Top floor has two computer labs Joseph Willey Computer Lab (for PG students) and Joseph Willy hall.